Alexis D. Motley MS, RDN, LDN
Red River Medical Nutrition
Southern University A&M College Dietetic Intern
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 65 Minutes
Total Time: 95 Minutes
- 4-5 Sweet Potatoes, large
- 3 Eggs, large
- ½ cup Evaporated Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Maple Syrup
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 6 tablespoon Butter, melted
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 4 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 4 BeBOLD Bars, chopped
- 1/3 cup Flour
- ½ cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- Wash and pat dry each sweet potato with a clean paper towel.
- Place sweet potatoes in a baking dish. Spray sweet potatoes with a non-stick spray. Cover sweet potatoes with foil and bake at 400 F for 45 minutes or until completely cooked.
- Peel sweet potatoes while hot with a butter knife. (Be careful)
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs, evaporated milk, vanilla, maple syrup, salt, butter, and sweet potatoes. Use a medium to low speed on the mixer to mix ingredients. Mix the mixture for 45 seconds or until completely smooth.
- Do not scrape mixture off mixer blades.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased (non-stick cooking) in a glass 9×13 casserole dish.
Streusel Topping Instructions:
- In a mixing bowl add chopped BeBOLD bar, brown sugar, and chopped pecans. Lightly mix with a spoon.
- Add butter to the mixture. Cut in the mixture with a fork or pastry blend. Combine mixture well.
- Sprinkle topping mixture over the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake at 350 F degrees for 65 minutes.
Store sweet potato casserole in a covered dish in the refrigerator for 4 days.