INGREDIENTS (ICE CREAM)
1 can coconut cream
1/3 cup JOI Cashew Base
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup organic cane sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
Pinch of salt
INGREDIENTS (JAM & BARS)
2 cups strawberries, diced
2 tbsp organic cane sugar
Pinch of salt
1-2 BeBOLD bars (Peanut Butter or Almond Butter – your choice!)
Ice Cream Base:
1. Refrigerate the can of coconut cream overnight. Open the can of coconut cream, scoop out only the solid white parts. Discard the liquid (save it for a future smoothie). 1 can should measure to about 1 cup of solid coconut cream.
2. Melt the solid coconut cream in a pan on low heat. Once melted, remove from heat.
3. Add the melted coconut cream, JOI Cashew Base, water, sugar, vanilla, and salt to a blender. Blend for 3 minutes.
4. Pour ice cream base into a freezer safe container, do not cover. Place in freezer for 2 hours before adding the rest of the ingredients.
Jam & Bars
1. While the ice cream base is freezing, dice strawberries and add to a small pot on medium heat. Add the sugar and pinch of salt. Cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring often. Turn off heat and place in fridge to cool. The jam will continue to thicken when cooling.
2. Break the BeBOLD bars into bite-size pieces. You want them to be fairly large chunks and not crumbs.
Finish It Up
After 2 hours, remove ice cream base from freezer. Carefully swirl in all the jam and the granola chunks. Cover the ice cream and return to the freezer for a minimum of 6 hours.
Serve your ice cream in a cone, in a cup, or straight from the container. Enjoy!