3 pounds of apples, thinly sliced (peeling optional)
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 teaspoons lemon zest
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon unsalted butter or substitute
3 Chocolate Chip Almond Butter BeBOLD Bars, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Core, peel (optional) and slice apples to 1/4 inch thick slices
- In a large bowl combine, apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- heat a large pan over medium heat. Once hot, add butter and apple mixture. Sauté for about 10 minutes until softened.
- Transfer apples to a baking dish. Evenly spread the apples.
- Top the apples with the crumbled bars.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm